There are some measures that you can take if you would like to get rid of your eye puffiness and lessen those symptoms that are associated to puffy eyes. The treatment for puffiness is very affordable and you can do it naturally and safely even while you are in the comforts of your home. Other tips that you can find useful are discussed below:
Cures for Eye Puffiness
• Cold compress - Use a tiny bag containing some ice. Wrap this in a clean washcloth and put this over your closed eyes. Do the process over again until you notice the swelling to lessen.
• Elevate the head - Use two or more pillows in order to keep your head elevated so that fluids will not pool below your eye. If you do this, you can expect the symptoms to be gone after two to six hours.
• Potato/cucumber press - You can use either cucumbers or raw potatoes. Place the slices over your closed eyes within 15 to 30 minutes in order to lessen puffiness.
• Rose /witch hazel water eye press - You can use wool or cotton pad as your eye press. Soak this pad in either rose or witch hazel water. Put the soaked pads over your closed eyes within 15 to 20 minutes.
Reducers of Eye Puffiness
• Eye exercises - Just move your eyes clockwise first before another counterclockwise movement for a single rotation. After this, move both your eyes in all the directions. This exercise is found to be good in lessening eye puffiness symptoms.
• Salt and hot water eye press - Combine one pint of hot water with one salt teaspoon. Soak some wool or cotton eye pads in this solution. Place the pads over closed eyes within 5 to 10 minutes. Once the pads turn cold, squeeze them out and do the process again so that you can relieve yourself of the discomfort caused by eye puffiness.
• Eye cream or cold cream moisturizer - Apply eye cream or cold cream moisturizer on the eye suffering some puffiness. Tap the spot gently when you are applying the cream in order for the excess fluid to drain away. Take note that it only works effectively for mild or minimal eye puffiness.
As far as methods for treating eye puffiness are concerned, these things mentioned have all been proven to be highly efficient and safe at the same time.